The deadline to complete sexual harassment prevention training for NYS companies is rapidly approaching. All NYS companies with employees must complete training on an annual basis beginning October 9, 2018, meaning you have to have completed at least one training by October 9, 2019.
- be interactive
- include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- include examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
Additional information, including model training material, is available on the NYS website, and you can always reach out to us with any of your compliance questions.